Linguine Pasta Recipe with Tomato
|Baby tomatoes||130 Gram|
|Tomato sauce||6 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Streaky bacon fine strips||50 Gram, smoked|
|Balsamic vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||30 Gram|
|Rosemary sprig||1 Medium|
|Red chili||5 Gram|
|Basil leaves||10 Medium|
|Sea salt/Pepper||2 Tablespoon (use as per taste)|
1. Cut the chilli into fine julienne.
2. Cook the linguine to ‘al dente’ stage.
3. Drain and refresh and allow to dry.
4. Place into a bowl and add a touch of olive oil and the red chilli.
5. Season lightly and using your fingers, tear the basil leaves into the pasta.
6. Mix well and cover with cling film.
7. Put aside until required.
8. Remove any rind from the bacon and cut into fine strips.
9. Chop the parsley.
10. Flake the Parmesan cheese.
11. Peel away the outside leaves of the leek.
12. Wash and finely slice the remaining leek.
13. Remove any stalks from the tomatoes and place on a baking tray.
14. Peel and chop the garlic cloves.
15. Wash the rosemary.
16. Weigh all the ingredients.
17. Pre-heat the oven to 160°C (Gas Mark 3).
18. Lightly season the tomatoes on the baking tray.
19. Drizzle over a little olive oil and spring over the chopped garlic.
20. Add the sprig of rosemary and place in the oven to roast for about 25 to 30 minutes.
21. Heat the remaining oil in a heavy-based saucepan.
22. Add the bacon and stir fry for about 2 minutes.
23. Add the sliced leek and continue to stir fry for another 4 to 5 minutes.
24. Add the balsamic vinegar and tomato sauce and heat through.
25. Divide between warmed bowls.
26. Remove the tomatoes from the oven.
27. Remove the rosemary and divide the tomatoes evenly between the bowls.
28. Garnish the tomato pasta with Parmesan flakes and chopped parsley.
29. Serve the tomato pasta immediately.
Calories 381 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.3%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 28.6 mg9.5%
Sodium 2704.3 mg112.7%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.4%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 11 g22.7%
Vitamin A 18.2% Vitamin C 17.5%
Calcium 14.5% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet