Herb Risotto with Sunblushed Tomatoes
|Chicken stock||700 Milliliter|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic clove||1 Medium|
|Arborio rice/Risotto rice||125 Gram|
|Dry white wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Sprig thyme||1 Large|
|Flat-leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Chives bunch||1 Small|
|Sunblush tomatoes||50 Gram|
|Parmesan cheese||40 Gram|
|Sea salt/Pepper||2 Teaspoon|
1. Make the stock.
2. Wash the sprig of thyme and add to the stock.
3. Peel and finely dice the shallot.
4. Peel and finely chop the garlic clove.
5. Flake 10g of Parmesan for the garnish.
6. Grate the remaining 30g.
7. Wash, dry and chop the parsley.
8. Wash and dry the chives and cut them into approx 1cm lengths, leaving a few for garnish.
9. Roughly chop the tomatoes.
10. Weigh all the ingredients.
11. Pour the stock into a saucepan, bring to the boil, turn down and simmer gently.
12. Gently heat a heavy-bottom saucepan and add the butter and olive oil.
13. When the butter has melted, add the shallots and garlic and cook for a few moments without coloring.
14. Add the rice and cook for a further few moments, stirring well to ensure that all the grains are coated in the oil.
15. Turn up the heat, add the wine and cook until all the wine has evaporated.
16. Turn down the heat again to a medium temperature.
17. Slowly add the simmering stock a ladle-full at a time, adding the next ladle-full when the last one has almost been absorbed into the rice taking your time when adding the stock and stirring the risotto.
18. About half way through making the herb risotto, add the pinch of saffron.
19. When the herb risotto is creamy in texture and the rice has retained a little firmness to the bite,season to taste.
20. Just before serving the herb risotto, add the tomatoes, chives, parsley (leave a pinch for the garnish) and about ¼ of the grated Parmesan (put the remaining Parmesan into a dish with a spoon and people can help themselves if they wish to add extra cheese).
21. Spoon the herb risotto into small warm bowls and garnish with the flaked Parmesan, a few lengths of chives and parsley.