Autumn Risotto with Chicken & Cranberries
|Sweetened cranberry||1 Cup (16 tbs), dried|
|Water||500 Milliliter, hot|
|Onion||1 Medium, coarsely chopped|
|Arborio rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||675 Milliliter|
|Dry white wine||175 Milliliter (Chardonnay)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, coarsely grounded|
|Almond||1 Cup (16 tbs), blanched|
|Cream cheese||2 Ounce|
|Chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced cooked (or turkey breasts)|
|Resh parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped (optional)|
1. Soak Cranberries in hot water. And drain.
2. Toast almonds in saute Pan over medium heat 5--7 minutes or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
3. In a Deep Covered Baker combine onion, rice and oil. Microwave for 7 minutes on high heat.
4. Take out Baker once onion becomes translucent.
5. Add stock, wine, salt and black pepper to the rice and cook for another 13 minutes.
6. Mix almond, celery and cream cheese. Stir until cheese is fully incorporated.
7. Fold in cranberries. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Arborio rice is an Italian short grain rice that can be found in the rice or ethnic section of most grocery stores.
Calories 522 Calories from Fat 212
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.6%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45 mg15%
Sodium 564.9 mg23.5%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 20.1 g
Protein 19 g37.6%
Vitamin A 21.5% Vitamin C 27.8%
Calcium 11.6% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet