Biscotti And A Mini Chocolate Showpiece
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1 stick (4 ounces), at room temperature)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||5 Large (10 ounces)|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs) (1pound 2 ounces)|
|Baking powder||9 Gram (2 teaspoons)|
|Salt||3 Gram (1/2 teaspoon)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
3) In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
4) In a mixer bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until it is light in color and fluffy in texture.
5) Incorporate the eggs one at a time, scraping in between additions as necessary.
6) Add the dry ingredients on medium-low speed in 2 to 3 stages. Then add the desired flavorings (Whole or Coarsely chopped toasted nuts or dried fruit/ Anise seeds/ Cocoa powder/ Citrus zest/ Cinnamon and spices/ Honey / Chocolate chips.
7) Divide the dough into 3 to 5 equal portions. Roll each portion into a 3 1/2 - inch diameter log.
8) Press the dough down on a sheetpan lined with parchment paper. This will flatten the dough. Create a slightly arched shape. The dough should measure to be between 5 to 6-inch in width.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
10) Remove from the oven, and with a sharp knife, cut the logs into 3/4-inch slices. Place the slices on the sheet pans, cut side up, and continue baking until they are dry and lightly browned on the sides.
11) Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Biscotti will last packaged at room temperature for 10 days.
12) Make the show piece with colored melted coating chocolate using round cookie cutters as demonstrated in the video.
13) Serve the Biscotti with warm ganache for dipping, or dip/coat with tempered chocolate or coating chocolate.