Tiramisu and Ladyfingers
|Egg yolks||6 Ounce (for Ladyfingers)|
|Granulated sugar||8 Ounce (for Ladyfingers)|
|All purpose flour||2 Ounce (for Ladyfingers)|
|Cornstarch||1 Ounce (for Ladyfingers)|
|Bread flour||2 Ounce (for Ladyfingers)|
|Egg whites||6 Ounce (for Ladyfingers)|
|Cream cheese||12 Ounce (at room temperature for Tiramisu Filling)|
|Mascarpone cheese||12 Ounce (for Tiramisu Filling)|
|Powdered sugar||6 Ounce, sifted (for Tiramisu Filling)|
|Heavy cream||8 Ounce (for Tiramisu Filling)|
|Espresso||1 Cup (16 tbs), prepared, cooled (for Assembling Tiramisu)|
|Espresso powder||1 Cup (16 tbs), cocoa powder (or Chocolate shavings - as needed for Topping Tiramisu)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375 to 400°F.
2) Prepare a sheet pan and lay a piece of parchment after tracing the square shape of the paper down.
3) Ladyfingers : Sift the flours and cornstarch together.
4) Wipe out the electric mixer bowl with a little bit of vinegar and then combine the egg whites and 5 ounces
of granulated sugar inside it. Using the whip attachment, whip until they reach medium-stiff peaks. Place in a separate bowl.
5) Combine the egg yolks and 3 ounces of granulated sugar and mix on high speed with a whip until light and fluffy and the color of butter.
6) Place the egg yolks in a larger bowl and fold in egg whites slowly. Take it in parts.
7) Slowly fold in the flour mixture.
8) Fill a pastry bag with an 803-804 round tip. Pipe out concentric squares on the prepared sheet pan.
9) Bake in the preheated oven until soft and golden in color. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with little powdered sugar. Then flip them over and peel off the parchment paper carefully.
10) Tiramisu Filling : Whip the heavy cream to medium-stiff peaks and set aside.
11) In an electric mixer bowl, beat the cream cheese with a paddle to soften. Then add the mascarpone cheese and beat together.
12) Add the powdered sugar and combine.
13) Remove from the mixer, and fold in the whipped cream.
14) Tiramisu Assembly : Place a ladyfinger square at the bottom of a glass pan and brush the ladyfingers with espresso. Spread half of the filling evenly over the ladyfingers in the pan.
15) Cover with another ladyfinger square and brush the ladyfingers with espresso. Then spread remaining half of the filling evenly over the ladyfingers very smoothly.
16) Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
17) Just before serving, sprinkle on the Espresso powder, Cocoa powder, or Chocolate shavings. Slice the Tiramisu and serve.