Tempura is not just a Japanese prerogative. Italians love to fry their food and they want the batter to be light and crunchy. This recipe is the best for a light and tasty tempura that you can use for vegetables and seafood. I used Acqua Ferrarelle, the real Italian Sparkling water
2 Cup (32 tbs), shelled and deveined with the tail left
1 Large, cut into thick pieces like the shrimp
All purpose flour
2 Cup (32 tbs)
Acqua ferrarelle/Sparkling water
2 Cup (32 tbs) ((for deep frying))
1. In a large bowl, put together the dry ingredients and whisk it to mix well.
2. Gradually add Acqua Ferrarelle until the batter is of required consistency.
3. In a large bowl, take some flour and dredge the zucchini with flour so that the batter sticks to it.
4. In a frying pan, heat oil and dip the zucchini in the batter and fry them in small batches.
5. Then, repeat the same process with shrimps.