Linguini with Clams
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Garlic||9 Clove (45 gm), minced|
|Chopped parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red pepper flakes||2 Pinch|
|Cooked linguini pasta||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Fresh minced ginger||1 Tablespoon (for the mignonette sauce)|
|Lemon||1 Large, juiced (for the mignonette sauce)|
|Freshshucked oysters||15 Large|
|Different colored heirloom tomatoes||2 Pound, sliced (for the tomato salad)|
|Goat feta cheese||1 Pound, crumbled (for the tomato salad)|
|Fresh basil||2 Tablespoon (Leveled), chopped (for the tomato salad)|
1. Wash the clams well.
2. Cook the pasta as per the directions on the package.
3. Boil the clams in the water till it gets foamy on the top.
4. Take it off the heat and drain them.
5. Shell the clams and reserve the clam water.
6. In a big sauce pan pour the clam water and reduce it in half.
7. In another sauce pan, heat the olive oil.
8. Add two pinches of red chili pepper flakes.
9. Drop the minced garlic and simmer until the garlic is fragrant. Don not let it go brown.
10.Add the clam broth and the shelled clams to the sauce pan having the olive oil and garlic.
11.Drop the al dente linguini in the broth and give it a stir and let it cook and soak up all the liquid.
12.Sprinkle in the parsley.
13.For the oysters, shuck them and lay them on a bed of ice.
14.For the Mignonette sauce, juice 1 lemon and add the finely minced ginger to it.
15.For the tomato salad,place the sliced tomatoes on a plate.
16.Sprinkle in the crumbled goat feta cheese along with the chopped basil.
17.Serve the linguini with clams along side the heirloom tomato salad and the oysters with the Mignonette sauce.
Calories 958 Calories from Fat 564
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.4%
Saturated Fat 21.5 g107.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 195.5 mg65.2%
Sodium 663.1 mg27.6%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 53 g106.6%
Vitamin A 94.8% Vitamin C 121.8%
Calcium 35.2% Iron 169.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet