Truth Fairy TV's Christianne Klein shares one of the recipes from her upcoming cookbook, a delicious Marinated Mozzarella and Fresh Basil Caprese Salad. She shares party and dinner tips, cooking advice and even a great alternative to the grilled eggplant caprese Christianne cooked with Emeril Lagasse on Emeril Green.
1) Marinade : In a non-reactive bowl or a glass casserole dish add olive oil and a crushed garlic clove.
2) Finely chop the fresh herbs and stir into the olive oil mixture.
3) Then stir in the lemon juice, red pepper flakes, sea salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
4) Drain the mozzarella balls and gently stir into the olive oil mixture.
5) Cover the casserole and allow to marinate in the refrigerate the mixture for about 24 hours.
6) Dressing : Remove the marinated mozzeralla balls from the marinade and set side.
7) Then stir in white balsamic vinegar into rest of the marinade.
8) Taste, adjust the seasoning and stir in the dijon mustard.
9) Add the grape tomatoes into the dressing and gently stir in the marinated mozzeralla balls.
10) Stir in some more fresh basil leaves and parsely, if needed and coat all the ingredients thoroughly.
11) Serve the chilled Marinated Mozzarella and Basil Caprese Salad as it is or thread into wooden picks as party appetizers.