Marinated Mozzarella and Basil Caprese Salad
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic clove||1 Small|
|Fresh basil||2 Tablespoon|
|Mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce (whole milk mozzarella balls soaked in lightly salted water)|
|Italian parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon, freshly squeezed (to taste)|
|Fresh oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|White balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||2 Dash|
|Grape tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Marinade : In a non-reactive bowl or a glass casserole dish add olive oil and a crushed garlic clove.
2) Finely chop the fresh herbs and stir into the olive oil mixture.
3) Then stir in the lemon juice, red pepper flakes, sea salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
4) Drain the mozzarella balls and gently stir into the olive oil mixture.
5) Cover the casserole and allow to marinate in the refrigerate the mixture for about 24 hours.
6) Dressing : Remove the marinated mozzeralla balls from the marinade and set side.
7) Then stir in white balsamic vinegar into rest of the marinade.
8) Taste, adjust the seasoning and stir in the dijon mustard.
9) Add the grape tomatoes into the dressing and gently stir in the marinated mozzeralla balls.
10) Stir in some more fresh basil leaves and parsely, if needed and coat all the ingredients thoroughly.
11) Serve the chilled Marinated Mozzarella and Basil Caprese Salad as it is or thread into wooden picks as party appetizers.
Calories 688 Calories from Fat 592
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g103.2%
Saturated Fat 15 g74.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 44.8 mg14.9%
Sodium 753.8 mg31.4%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 14 g27.8%
Vitamin A 31.2% Vitamin C 27.5%
Calcium 31.9% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet