I had to make a video featuring my favorite snack: cheesy vegan bruschetta! The secret ingredient is Daiya Vegan Cheese, which you can find at Whole Foods or perhaps your local health food store. Daiya cheese is amazing – it’s the top vegan cheese I’d recommend, and works well on pizzas, grilled cheese, mac n’ cheese, and so much more. It really melts! It transforms the bruschetta into mini pizzas which take only minutes to prepare. Yum! You must try these simple, delicious, satisfying cheesy bruschetta pizzas!
1 Large, cut into 1-inch thick slices (roasted garlic flavor)
1. In a bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, the basil, olive oil and salt. Mix well and allow to sit for a while till the flavors marry together.
2. Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet. Spoon equal amounts of the tomato basil mixture on top of each slice and spread evenly.
3. Top with a generous amount of the Daiya cheese.
4. Toast the bruchettas by placing under the broiler or in a hot oven for 10-12 minutes.
5. Serve warm, crisp and cheesy.
If you can't get the garlic infused olive oil, you can add a little fresh minced garlic to the tomato mixture.