Gluten Free Gnocchi
|Russet potatoes||4 Large, baked (about 1 pound)|
|Egg yolk||4 Large|
|Pecorino cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Fresh basil||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Roasted garlic||2 Teaspoon|
|Ricotta cheese||4 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Pinch|
|Gluten-free flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (rice flour mixed with tapioca flour.)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh sage||2 Tablespoon (about 1 handful)|
1. Peel the baked potatoes and add to a ricer or food mill. Rice the potatoes and turn into a bowl.
2. Add the egg yolks and blend well.
3. Add roasted garlic, herbs and cheeses, salt and chili flakes. Using your hand work into a smooth dough. Taste.
4. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the flour and knead. Once dough starts to come together, add a another 1/3 of it and work again. Use hands to knead into a shaggy mass. If dough is too sticky, sprinklea over more flour until dough feels dry to the touch.
5. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
6. On a gluten-free flour dusted surface, divide dough into 6 wedges. Roll each wedge into a 1/2 inch thick rope. Using a pastry scraper or a dull knife, cut rope into 1/2 inch pieces, keeping pieces separate by dusting with more gluten-free flour.
7. In a large pan melt the butter and add the garlic and sage. Fry and lightly brown the butter.
8. In the meantime, drop gnocchi into boiling water, about 30 pieces at a time, and cook until they float, about 40 seconds.
9. Drain gnocchi and add to the butter. Toss to coat. It is fine to have a little cooking water fall into the pan. It helps to make the sauce.
10. Divide gnocchi among plates and top with additional cheese or herbs if you like.
Calories 754 Calories from Fat 477
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g82.2%
Saturated Fat 32.3 g161.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 316.3 mg105.4%
Sodium 257.2 mg10.7%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.6%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 12 g24%
Vitamin A 50.6% Vitamin C 30.8%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet