1) Trim the asparagus to remove any tough ends.
2) Cook the asparagus in boiling water for about 4 minutes, till it is crisp tender but not too soft.
3) Drain and rinse the cooked asparagus under icy cold water. Coarsely chop into 1 inch pieces.
4) All the asparagus and all the remaining ingredients to a food processor and blend for about 1 minute (on high) till a smooth mixture is formed. Scrape the bowl as and when necessary.
5) Serve the pesto as and when preferred. It makes a good accompaniment to appetizers like tomato slices or crostini. To store, simple pack the sauce in an air-tight jar and place in a cool, dry place.