A wonderful, diabetes-friendly dish by Meri Raffetto, RD and Roseanne Rust, MS, RD from their book "Glycemic Index Cookbook for Dummies"
1 Pound (6 slices)
Extra virgin olive oil
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
2 Tablespoon, chopped
2 Tablespoon, grated
Non stick cooking spray
Vegetable cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
3. On the cookie sheet, place the slices of polenta and brush with ½ a teaspoon of olive oil.
4. Bake the polenta slices in oven for 5 minutes.
5. Over medium high heat, heat a non-stick skillet with vegetable spray and sauté the mushrooms until they are nice and soft; approximately 5-6 minutes.
6. Add in the parsley and cook it a little bit more until it wilts and is fragrant.
7. Spoon the mushroom mixture evenly over the polenta slices.
8. Finish it with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
9. Bake it in the oven for another 5-10 minutes until the cheese softens.
10. Serve Baked Polenta with Wild Mushrooms on the sides of pork, beef or fish.