Corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese...all rolled up into a tasty stromboli! Vickie & Jo Ann share their simple and tasty recipe.
Frozen bread dough
1 Pound, thawed
Thousand island dressing/Russian salad dressing
8 Ounce, divided
Deli corned beef
1⁄2 Pound, chopped
14 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (canned)
1⁄2 Pound, sliced
1 Medium, beaten
1 Teaspoon (Optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 15” X 12” rectangle.
3. Smear about 1/2 cup of thousand-island salad dressing down in the centre of dough
4. Place in layers chopped corned beef, sauerkraut and cheese slices over the dressing.
5. Gently lift one of the longer side of dough, pulling lightly roll up, pinch ends to seal.
6. On a lightly greased baking sheet, place seam-side down.
7. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with caraway seed, if using.
8. Bake in oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden in colour.
9. Remove form the oven and allow to cool slightly.
10. Slice and serve warm with remaining salad dressing if desired.
You can also use turkey instead of beef or use spreads of your choice.