Potato Gnocchi Sauteed with Mushrooms, Kale and Bacon
|Russet potato||1 1⁄2 Pound, cooked, mashed (For the gnocchi)|
|Egg||1 Large (For the gnocchi)|
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For the gnocchi)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (For the gnocchi)|
|Bacon||2 Ounce, cubed (For the vegetables)|
|Shallots||2 Medium, peeled, finely chopped (For the vegetables)|
|Garlic clove||4 Medium, peeled, finely chopped (For the vegetables)|
|Chili flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For the vegetables)|
|Crimini mushrooms/Button mushrooms||16 Large, quartered (For the vegetables)|
|Portobello mushroom||4 Large, cut into cubes (For the vegetables)|
|Kale||6 Ounce, stems removed, leaves chopped (For the vegetables)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (such as Chardonnay)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
1. Slowly heat mashed potatoes in a medium saucepan.
2. When warm, mound onto a clean work surface and sprinkle with 1 cup flour and salt. Make a well in middle and add egg.
3. Using a fork, whisk egg and gradually incorporate potatoes and flour.
4. Once dough starts to come together, use hands to knead into a shaggy mass. If dough is too sticky, sprinkle over more flour, 1/4 cup at a time, until dough feels dry to the touch.
5. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and prepare an ice bath.
6. Divide dough into 6 wedges. Roll each wedge into a 1/2 inch thick rope.
7. Using a pastry scraper or a dull knife, cut rope into 1/2 inch pieces, keeping pieces separate.
8. Drop gnocchi into boiling water, about 30 pieces at a time, and cook until they float, about 1 minute.
9. Remove gnocchi and plunge into an ice bath. Repeat with remaining gnocchi.
10. Drain gnocchi and place in a medium bowl; toss with a little olive oil to prevent sticking.
11. Heat a large stainless steel skillet over medium high heat.
12. Add bacon, shallots garlic and chili flakes. Cook until vegetables turn translucent, about 1 minute.
13. Add mushrooms in a single layer and cook without stirring for 1 minute.
14. Toss and repeat process until mushrooms are brown, about 5 minutes.
15. Place kale on top of mushrooms; toss to coat and cook until kale turns bright green, about 3 minutes. Deglaze pan with white wine and cook until liquid is reduced by half.
16. Place vegetables in a bowl and return pan to heat.
17. Add olive oil and once hot, add gnocchi. Sauté gently until until gnocchi is heated through, about 1 to 2 minutes.
18. Divide gnocchi among plates and top with vegetables