Wood-Fired Oven Pizza With Grilled Vegetables
|Shallots||3 Medium, sliced|
|Prosciutto||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Speck||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Marinara||4 Tablespoon (roasted tomato sauce or pizza sauce)|
|Pizza dough||6 Ounce, divided (into 3 ounce balls)|
|Bechamel||4 Tablespoon (white sauce)|
|Mozzarella cheese||4 Ounce, sliced (buffalo mozzarella)|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Tablespoon, shredded|
|Zucchini||1 Large, sliced thinly|
|Squash||1 Large, sliced|
|Ripe firm tomatoes||2 Large, cut into thick slices (roma or beefsteak)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Basil leaves||6 Large (for garnish) (Optional)|
|Blue cheese||1 Tablespoon, crumbled (for garnish) (Optional)|
1. Heat a gas grill to high and make sure the grill grates are clean and free of debris. Also fire up the wood fired oven.
2. Drizzle olive oil over the vegetables and sprinkle with salt and red pepper.
3. Oil the grill grates and decrease the heat to medium. Put the prepared veggies on the grill.
4. Lightly flour the counter-top and flatten each of the dough balls (3 ounce each). Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a 16-inch round, rotating and stretching the dough as you go. Make a thin crust as it cooks perfectly in a wood oven or on a grill. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured pizza peel and stretch to re-shape if necessary.
5. Top one with tomato sauce and scatter prosciutto slices and mozzarella, and another base with the white sauce, shallots and cheddar.
6. Cook the pizzas until the bottom of crust is golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 5-7 minutes.
7. Remove the pizza to a cooling rack and let rest for 3 minutes before garnishing and slicing.
8. Garnish the pizzas with basil and cheese and serve with the grilled veggies on the side.