Fresh Homemade Pesto Sauce
|Basil||5 Cup (80 tbs), washed, dried|
|Garlic clove||4 Large, peeled, finely chopped|
|Olive oil||12 Tablespoon (3/4 cup)|
|Pine nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
1. Into a blender jar, pack the basil leaves and add the chopped garlic, 1/3 of the olive oil and pine nuts.
2. Blend until the basil is pulverized into a thick paste.
3. Add more of the pine nuts and olive oil and process again, scraping down the sides of the jar with a spatula.
4. Add remaining pine nuts, olive oil and the Parmesan cheese. Blend until smooth in consistency.
5. Taste the sauce and season if you like with salt, though it is best not to add any seasoning to the sauce until using.
6. Use the fresh basil pesto sauce to dress pasta, gnocchi or salads or to top fish, pizzas or crostini.