Tender tilapia fillets topped with fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic and melted vermont cheddar cheese!
A quick, easy, fresh and healthy recipe for dinner that pairs up great with a mixed green salad and couscous.
Extra virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoon, divided
1⁄2 , juice extracted
Cracked black pepper
1 Pint, diced
Fresh basil leaves
10 , chopped
3 Clove (15 gm), minced
Mild cheddar cheese
1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded (vermont cheddar cheese is preferred)
1. To a bowl add tomatoes, basil and garlic. Add in 1 tablespoon olive oil (can more if needed).
2. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Refrigerate for at least an hour (overnight for maximum flavor)
4. Brush casserole dish with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place fillets in the dish
5. Drizzle the fillets with lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Refrigerate until ready to bake.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
8. Top fillets with tomato basil mixture
9. Bake for around 25 minutes or until fish is flaky and tender
10. Remove from oven, sprinkle fish with cheese.
11. Place back into the oven just until cheese has melted. Let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
12. In a serving plate, serve the tilapia fillets hot with choice of bread or salad or any other side of choice.
In the mood for something fresh and light? Monique creates this simple fish and cheese based casserole that will fill you up. It has none of the calories and is rich in Omega-3 and Omega- 6 fatty acids. For viewers, Monique teaches how to minimize the smell of the fish and to accentuate the freshness and lightess of the dish.