Autumn has arrived, and with it Soup season now makes an appearance as well. Learn how to make a restaurant favorite, Zuppa Toscana, a hearty sausage and Kale soup that is guaranteed to warm your insides. With just a few ingredients, a soup emerges that is comparable to the real deal.
p.s. Add another quart of water if you wish to stretch the soup, or leave as is with the instructed amount of chicken broth.
Crushed red pepper
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
1 Large, finely chopped
2 Teaspoon, mince
2 Large, halved
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs), chop
Heavy whipping cream
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Quart (Optional)
1. Chop the onions, mince the garlic and cut the russet potatoes in half.
2. Rinse and roughly chop the kale leaves, and keep it aside.
3. In a pan brown the Italian sausage add crushed red pepper, brown the sausage completely.
4. In a large soup pot, add the chicken broth and add the onion and garlic, let it sweat for few minutes.
5. Add the browned sausages, stir and add the potatoes and bacon, simmer on medium for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and cooked.
6. Finally add the kale towards the end and add the cream, stir everything together simmer for few more minutes.
7. Serve the zuppa Toscana hot along with a slice of Italian bread.