Chef Bean (mai) and her buddies are back again with some new recipes that a fun and easy for kids to make (with parental supervision of course!) This time they tackle Pesto Pasta and a sald with homemade Crispy Crountons!
Please see video
1) In a food processor container, add pine nuts and garlic and blend them coarsely.
2) Add parmesan cheese and blend again.
3) Add half of basil leaves and ½ of olive oil. Blend.
4) Add remaining basil and olive oil and blend until smooth.
5) Take a large saucepan and add water until 3/4th full. Add 2 teaspoon salt and bring it to boil.
6) Add spaghetti and cook as per package instructions. Drain.
7) In a steamer, steam the broccoli a bit. Add the steamed broccoli to spaghetti.
8) Now, fold in pesto sauce into spaghetti and toss to coat well.
9) To make crouton salad, cube the bread.
10) To make croutons, heat a wok and add olive oil and then the croutons.
11) Cook the croutons until crisp and then add spices. Toss to coat them.
12) Assemble the salad in a big bowl, add lettuce, tomatoes, raisins and croutons and toss them together.
13) Serve the spaghetti in pesto sauce with crisp crouton salad.