Grilled Panini Burgers
|For the red pepper aioli|
|Fat free mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Smoked paprika powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Piquillo peppers||2 Small|
|For the burgers|
|Ground meat||2⁄3 Pound|
|Canola oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Manchego cheese slice||4|
|Buns||2 , halved|
|For the steak fries|
|Russet potatoes||2 Large, wedged|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
1. Preheat the grill to high.
2. In a food processor combine fat free mayonnaise, garlic, smoked paprika and piquillo peppers.
3. Process until smooth, once done transfer in a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Wash and scrub the russet potatoes, place it in the microwave for 3 minutes and if boiling then boil for 5-7 minutes.
5. Once done remove and cut them into wedges, coat it with canola oil and season with salt and pepper, set aside.
6. In the meantime for the burgers, shape the ground meat into burger patties, make a depression in the center, drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
7. Place the potatoes wedges around the perimeter of the grill, oiled side down.
8. Cook the potatoes for 4 minutes then brush the top with oil and flip the potato wedges and cook for additional 4 minutes or until crisp and hot.
9. Once done remove from grill and season it with seasoning of your choice.
10. Place the burger patties in the center of the grill with the depression side up, close the lid, and cook on high for 4 minutes.
11. After 4 minutes flip the burgers, close the lid, and cook for 3 more minutes or until cooked through.
12. Place 1 slice of cheese on each burger patty and allow the cheese to melt for 2 minutes.
13. Spread aioli on the bottom of a bun; place half a slice of prosciutto, a slice of cheese, the burger patty, the other half of the prosciutto slice, a dollop of aioli, and the bun top.
14. Brush the top bun with oil and place the burger on the grill, oil side down.
15. Follow the same steps for the second burger.
16. Using metal spatula, press the burger for 1 minute and allow the bun to brown.
17. Then brush oil on top and flip the burger once again and press it down for 1 minute or until crispy.
18. Serve the Grilled Panini Burgers along with steak fries and fresh green salad.