Hi everyone and welcome to the Giallo Zafferano kitchen. Today we'll be preparing an appetizer that is as delicious as it is quick to prepare: Bruschetta Caprese. Of course bruschetta is a starter that's eaten throughout Italy and that can be found all over the world, but this type is prepared with traditional ingredients from the Campagna region -- mozzarella di bufala and gaeta olives.
100 Gram, slice
Mozzarella di bufala
9 Ounce, dice
Extra virgin olive oil
Dried oregano leaves
1 Clove (5 gm)
12 Small, pitted (Gaeta olives)
Fresh basil leaves
1. Cut the tomatoes and mozzarella cheese into small pieces, set aside.
2. Cut the bread into one inch slices and toast the bread slices on a nonstick pan or in the oven.
3. Once the bread is cooled rub it with garlic.
4. In another bowl combine the tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, gaeta olives, oregano, salt and 4 leaves of fresh basil torn into pieces.
5. Pour the olive oil and mix everything until well incorporated.
6. Place a spoonful of the tomato mixture on top of the toasted bread and drizzle olive oil and garnish with the remaining fresh basil leaves.
7. Serve the bruschetta caprese as an appetizer.