Hi everyone, and welcome to the GialloZafferano kitchen. I'm Sonia and today we'll be preparing a sweet spoonful known not only throughout Italy but also abroad: Panna Cotta.
3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
Vanilla pod 1
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1. Soak the gelatin in a bowl with cold water and leave it for 10-15 minutes to dissolve.
2. In a large pot pour the heavy cream and add the scraped vanilla pod and sugar, mix and bring the mixture to a boil.
3. Once the sugar is dissolved, remove the vanilla pod and add the softened gelatin, mix well.
4. Pour the panna cotta into the ramekin molds and refrigerate for 5-6 hours.
5. Serve the panna cotta with caramel and berries if you like.
To unmold the panna cottas, simply place the ramekin in hot water wait for few seconds before turning the panna cotta on a serving plate.