Hi everyone and welcome to the kitchen at GialloZafferano. I'm Deborah, and today we'll be preparing a very simple dish that can be adapted to any type of sauce -- Potato Gnocchi.
2 Pound (red or old potatoes that are floury, not waxy)
2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)
300 Milliliter, divided
1. Wash the potatoes and place them in a large pot, boil the potatoes in salted water with skin on.
2. Once done while they are still hot peel the skin off, with the help of a potato masher, mash the potatoes well on a work top.
3. Add the flour and form a hole in the center and add the eggs and 2 pinch of salt.
4. Knead until you form a nice smooth dough, once done roll a small portion into a long snake and then cut the dough into small pieces.
5. Using a fork roll each piece across the prongs using slight pressure, form a classic ribbed shaped gnocchi.
6. Continue until all the gnocchi are done, boil a pot of salted water and cook the gnocchi until they begin to float on the surface.
7. Once done drain and toss the gnocchi with your choice of sauce.