Welcome! I'm Sonia and we're in the GialloZafferano kitchen to prepare a pizza margherita. Pizza margherita is among the simplest and most usual of Italian pizzas, invented at the end of the 1800s by Raffaele Sposito -- a pizza maker of that time who created the dish for Queen Margherita.
250 Gram (enough for 1 pizza)
3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)
600 Gram, cubed
Extra virgin olive oil
4 Tablespoon, divided
1. Cut the mozzarella into cubes, set aside.
2. Prepare the pan by greasing it with olive oil.
3. Preheat the oven to 480 degrees F.
4. In a bowl pour the tomato puree, add olive oil and salt
5. Take a quarter of the dough and shape it into a ball, flatten the dough to the size of the pan, spread it evenly.
6. Add spoonful of the sauce all over the dough, spread it evenly, add mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake the pizza in the preheated oven for 15.20 minutes.
8. Once done remove and garnish it with fresh basil.
9. Serve e nice slice of pizza hot.
If your puree is too watery, let it stand in a cloth lined colander over a bowl and let some of the water drain out into the bottom.
Another very simple variation is to add a few anchovy fillets to make a pizza napoletana