|Pizza dough||250 Gram (enough for 1 pizza)|
|Tomato puree||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||600 Gram, cubed|
|Basil leaves||12 Small|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon, divided|
1. Cut the mozzarella into cubes, set aside.
2. Prepare the pan by greasing it with olive oil.
3. Preheat the oven to 480 degrees F.
4. In a bowl pour the tomato puree, add olive oil and salt
5. Take a quarter of the dough and shape it into a ball, flatten the dough to the size of the pan, spread it evenly.
6. Add spoonful of the sauce all over the dough, spread it evenly, add mozzarella cheese.
7. Bake the pizza in the preheated oven for 15.20 minutes.
8. Once done remove and garnish it with fresh basil.
9. Serve e nice slice of pizza hot.
If your puree is too watery, let it stand in a cloth lined colander over a bowl and let some of the water drain out into the bottom.
Another very simple variation is to add a few anchovy fillets to make a pizza napoletana
Calories 788 Calories from Fat 450
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g77.7%
Saturated Fat 21.4 g107%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 118.5 mg39.5%
Sodium 1375.1 mg57.3%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 41 g82%
Vitamin A 43.5% Vitamin C 35.7%
Calcium 80.9% Iron 29.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet