Pasta with Ricotta Peppers & Arugula
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Riccota cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Roasted red bell pepper||50 Gram, peeled and diced|
|Cooked elbow macaroni||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Arugula/Spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecorino romano cheese||1 Teaspoon|
|Pine nuts||1 Teaspoon, toasted|
1. In a large vessel, boil the salted water and add in the elbow macaroni. Cook according to package instruction and don’t discard the water.
2. In a shallow pan, pour in the olive oil, followed by the garlic. Sauté for few minutes.
3. Pour in the ¼ cup of pasta water to the pan and boil.
4. Add in the ricotta cheese and swirl with the ladle.
5. Stir in the roasted red bell pepper and cook for few minutes.
6. Season with salt and add in the macaroni, stir well all the ingredients.
7. Add in the arugula and cook for few seconds, until arugula is wilted.
8. Garnish the pasta with pecorino romano cheese and pine nuts. Serve with wine and enjoy!
Calories 308 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g32.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg10.8%
Sodium 364.7 mg15.2%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 12 g23%
Vitamin A 30.8% Vitamin C 28.5%
Calcium 16.2% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet