Homestyle Italian Meatballs
|For the tomato sauce:|
|Tomato puree||28 Ounce|
|Tomato sauce||29 Ounce|
|Crushed tomatoes||28 Ounce|
|Tomato paste||12 Ounce|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, dice|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|For the meatballs:|
|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Ground pork||1 Pound|
|Bread slices||8 (Soaked in water and drained)|
|Romano cheese||6 Ounce|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a pot, add the tomato puree, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and water and mix well together.
2. Add in the italian seasoning, basil, parsley, oregano, garlic powder and ground black pepper and mix.
3. Once mixed, add the diced garlic and mix.
4. Place the pot on the stove or in a crock pot and let it simmer on low for between 1-3 hours.
5. In another pot, add the ground beef, ground pork, soaked break slices and eggs and mix together with your hands.
6. Next, add the italian seasoning, basil, parsley, garlic powder, ground black pepper, extra virgin olive oil and mix again.
7. Add the tomato paste and mix.
8. Add the freshly chopped garlic into the pot and mix. Place the pot in the refrigerator for an hour to set.
9. Once set, roll the meatballs out of the mix.
10. Add the meatballs into the tomato sauce and let it simmer on medium low for 1 1.2 hours.
11. Plate along with spaghetti and serve.