1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, put the linguine and cook for about 7-10 minutes or as per the packet instructions
2. Meanwhile, in a large pan over medium low heat, melt the butter and olive oil.
3. Add in garlic, salt and red pepper flakes, and sauté for few seconds or until you can smell garlic.
4. Put in the shrimp, salt and pepper, spread in single layer, can cook until they start to curl and turn pink, flip and cook the other side for about 5 minutes all together.
5. Add in the cooked pasta, stir and turn heat to low, add in the lemon zest and juice and stir together until well mixed.
6. Stir in the lemon rounds and chopped parsley and turn the heat off.
Normally just a pile of shrimp drowned in butter, shrimp scampi gets a kick in the pants from this recipe, both nutritionally and flavorfully. This is a light “shrimp scampi” with plenty of shrimp, garlic, and lemon; with just as much flavor, but not as many the calories! Succulent shrimps in a lemon garlic sauce and linguini meld seamlessly together for a quick weeknight meal or an impressive weekend dinner party dish that seems fancy, but is effortless. “This is the go-to shrimp recipe. Too easy for words