In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Italian Bread with Cheese Topping. The topping has a blend of two cheeses and some spices. This is a quick and easy way to perk up a loaf of Italian bread!
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
Grated parmesan cheese
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely grated
1 , finely minced
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely shredded
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
Italian bread loaf
1. Slice the bread lengthwise into half and place it cut side up in a shallow baking pan.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, grated Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, cheddar cheese, milk, and paprika. Mix to combine.
3. Pop bread in the oven and broil for about 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
4. Spread cheese mixture evenly on top and broil further for about 1 or 2 minutes or until cheese mixture is melted and is beginning to brown.
5. Remove from the oven and place it on a large serving platter.
6. Cut into serving size pieces and serve.
This is a quick and easy way to perk up a loaf of Italian bread! The combination of parmesan cheese and cheddar cheese gives a nice flavor to the bread. You can serve it with pasta as well as it tastes so yummy.
Calories 289 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.8%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.1 mg6%
Sodium 483.2 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 8 g15.4%
Vitamin A 2.9%
Vitamin C 0.41%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Betty's Italian Bread With Cheese Topping Recipe Video