In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make Tantalizing Tiramisu. This is a very easy version of an Italian cake that is layered and flavored with coffee and rum. It is very elegant!
1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (powdered sugar or icing sugar)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
6 Ounce ((2) 3-oz. packages)
15 Ounce, grated (1 bar)
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, whipping cream, confectioner's sugar, and vanilla. Using a hand mixer, beat on high speed for about 30 seconds or until just blended. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together coffee and rum.
3. In the bottom of a 9-inch by 9-inch Pyrex dish, arrange half of the ladyfingers.
4. Pour half of the coffee mixture evenly over the top.
5. Spoon half of the mascarpone cheese mixture over the soaked ladyfingers.
6. Sprinkle with half of the grated chocolate. Repeat layers.
7. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and pop it in refrigerator to chill for 8 hours or overnight.
8. Cut into pieces and serve chilled.
Instead of mascarpone cheese you may use 16 ounces of cream cheese, 1/3 cup of sour cream, and ¼ cup of whipped whipping cream.