In this episode, we will be exploring the world of raw cuisine. I will show you an amazing recipe for a raw lasagna using fresh organic ingredients. The taste will definitely surprise you.
3 Medium, chopped
Red bell pepper
1 Large, cut into very thin strips
Sun dried tomatoes
Extra virgin olive oil
2 Clove (10 gm)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Medium, juiced
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
For the Sauce:
1. In a food processor, add the chopped tomatoes, red bell pepper and a couple of cloves
garlic. Also add a tablespoon each of the basil and the oregano. Blend well.
2. To this mixture add the sun dried tomatoes and the extra virgin olive oil. Also add a little salt and pepper to that mixture and blend again until the sun dried tomatoes are well incorporated into the mix.
For the Ricotta:
3. In a blender or a food processor add the macadamia nuts, juice of 1/2 a lemon and a pinch of salt and blend. While blending add water gradually. Blend until you get the consistency of ricotta cheese.
4. Marinate the zucchini with some olive oil, salt, basil and oregano. Let it sit for a while.
5. Take a serving plate or bowl and layer the marinated zucchini slices at the bottom and then top it with a layer of the marinara sauce followed by the macadamia nuts spread and again with a layer of the marinated zucchini to complete the assembly of the raw lasagna.
6. Serve the lasagna topped with a fresh tomato slice and some fresh basil leaves drizzled finally with some olive oil on top.