|Ripe tomatoes||3 Medium, chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium|
|Zucchini||1 Large, cut into very thin strips|
|Sun dried tomatoes||85 Gram|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Macadamia nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 Medium, juiced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
For the Sauce:
1. In a food processor, add the chopped tomatoes, red bell pepper and a couple of cloves
garlic. Also add a tablespoon each of the basil and the oregano. Blend well.
2. To this mixture add the sun dried tomatoes and the extra virgin olive oil. Also add a little salt and pepper to that mixture and blend again until the sun dried tomatoes are well incorporated into the mix.
For the Ricotta:
3. In a blender or a food processor add the macadamia nuts, juice of 1/2 a lemon and a pinch of salt and blend. While blending add water gradually. Blend until you get the consistency of ricotta cheese.
4. Marinate the zucchini with some olive oil, salt, basil and oregano. Let it sit for a while.
5. Take a serving plate or bowl and layer the marinated zucchini slices at the bottom and then top it with a layer of the marinara sauce followed by the macadamia nuts spread and again with a layer of the marinated zucchini to complete the assembly of the raw lasagna.
6. Serve the lasagna topped with a fresh tomato slice and some fresh basil leaves drizzled finally with some olive oil on top.
Calories 382 Calories from Fat 259
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g22.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 558.2 mg23.3%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.5%
Sugars 14.3 g
Protein 8 g16.3%
Vitamin A 50.1% Vitamin C 130.4%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 31.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet