Richard Blaine's EZ Cooking: Pasta Con Pancetta, Carciofi, Gorgonzola E Pistachhi
|Pistachio nuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (room temperature)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon (2 tablespoons for sauce and 12 tablespoon for pasta)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic cloves||4 (2 minced and 2 sliced)|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Pinot Grigio)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Gorgonzola cheese||3 Ounce|
|Grated parmesan||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (or blend of Parmesan, Romano and Asiago)|
|Penne rigate||1 Pound (or any of your choice)|
|Artichoke hearts||6 (with stem)|
1. In a blender put in the pistachio nut with cream and pulse it until the mixture is smooth.
2. Transfer the cream mixture in a bowl, and set aside.
3. In a pot with salted boiling water, put in the pasta and allow to cook until al dente, as per packet instructions.
4. Drain the pasta, put it back in same pot and drizzle with olive oil, stir and set aside.
5. In a non-stick pan, heat butter and olive oil and allow to melt and starts to sizzle.
6. Add in the onions and saute until it is soft.
7. Put in the bacon, and stir fry until the bacon starts to get light brown.
8. Stir in garlic and pepper flakes, and stir to mix.
9. As the bacon browns, deglaze the pan with white wine and allow it to reduce by half.
10. Stream in the chicken stock, stir and add in pistachio mixture and mix well.
11. Sprinkle salt and pepper and stir to mix and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
12. Meanwhile in another pan, heat oil and add artichoke hearts, toss to coat.
13. Sprinkle chilli flake and salt and toss to mix and allow to brown lightly, set aside.
14. In the simmering sauce add in Gorgonzola and parmesan cheeses, raise the heat and stir to melt.
15. Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir well to mix.
16. Serve hot topped with artichoke hearts.