Graziella cooks up a favorite Italian dish used as both a sauce for pasta and a cold appetizer on bread or crackers.
2 Tablespoon (As required to coat the bottom of the pan)
3 Medium, chopped
1⁄2 Medium, chopped
2 Large, cut into chunks
7 Medium, de-seeded and chopped
2 1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 to 2 1/2 tsp used)
Ground black pepper
4 Teaspoon, pits removed
Flat leaf parsley
1. Heat up a pan with olive oil. Add the chopped garlic and onions. Saute for a while.
2. Add the chopped purple eggplants, sea salt to taste, stir them gently, cover the pan and let it cook for a few minutes.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, dried oregano, capers, freshly ground pepper, sea salt (only if required) and pitted gaeta olives. Stir gently, cover the pan and simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. After 10 minutes, add fresh Italian parsley and stir for another couple of minutes before turning off the stove.
5. Serve as a sauce over pasta or serve cold as a dip with crackers of your choice.