Pasta Bolognese Sauce
|Fusilli pasta||1 Pound|
|Extra lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Italian seasoning||2 Tablespoon|
|Syrup of maple||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Crushed tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Barbecue sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
1) Chop onion, garlic, celery, and carrots in a chopper.
2) Put skillet on medium-high heat and add olive oil and chopped vegetables. Sauté for a couple of minutes or until caramelized.
3) Add ground beef and mix well.
4) Season with salt and pepper and continue to caramelize for about 10 minutes until well caramelized.
5) Add wine and deglaze the pan until all the wine evaporates.
6) Add crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, barbecue sauce, and maple syrup. Mix well. Lower the heat and let simmer for another 15-20 minutes.
7) Cook pasta as mentioned on the package. When pasta is cooked, take 1/2 cup of liquids and set aside.
8) Drain pasta and place in a large bowl.
9) Add content of the skillet to the pasta and mix. Add up to 1/2 cup of pasta liquids to the sauce and mix well. (It will prevent dryness of the dish.)
10) Serve hot and enjoy!
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3417 Calories from Fat 636
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 78 g119.6%
Saturated Fat 13.7 g68.7%
Trans Fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 366 mg122%
Sodium 5587.4 mg232.8%
Total Carbohydrates 480 g160%
Dietary Fiber 32.7 g131%
Sugars 77.1 g
Protein 168 g336%
Vitamin A 274% Vitamin C 124.1%
Calcium 32.4% Iron 152.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet