Smoked Gouda Stuffed Meatballs
|Turkey||1 Pound, ground|
|Italian bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Worcestershire||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper flakes||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
|Gouda cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cubed (or as needed)|
|Vegetable oil/Canola oil||3 Tablespoon|
1. In a bowl place together turkey breadcrumbs, kosher salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, rubbed red pepper flakes, parsley, Parmesan cheese, and egg.
2. Mix all the ingredients well together to combine.
3. Take a spoonful of turkey mixture on clean hands, roll in ball and make small indentation, place 2 cubes of Gouda cheese and shape in ball.
4. Make the balls using all the turkey mixture and cheese cubes, place the balls in refrigerator and chill for about 20 minutes.
5. In a non-stick pan, heat oil on medium heat and fry the meatballs, gently turn the meatballs to brown evenly until the meat is tender.
6. Drain the meatballs on paper towel.
7. Serve hot as desired.
Calories 271 Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.1%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 104.4 mg34.8%
Sodium 364.7 mg15.2%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.46 g1.8%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 21 g42.9%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 1.8%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet