So, the other day, I sat there staring into my refrigerator (which I do often), staring at a block of smoked Gouda Cheese. Oh! How lonely it sat there, untouched the entire week with no one to play with. (I know how you feel Gouda! No one would ever pick me for teams in Gym class. I was instantly dubbed “butterfingers” and mercilessly tormented). So really making these Meatballs were an act of Charity for poor ole’ Gouda Block.
1 Pound, ground
Italian bread crumbs
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Teaspoon
Red pepper flakes
1 Teaspoon, crushed
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated
1 , beaten
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cubed (or as needed)
Vegetable oil/Canola oil
1. In a bowl place together turkey breadcrumbs, kosher salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, rubbed red pepper flakes, parsley, Parmesan cheese, and egg.
2. Mix all the ingredients well together to combine.
3. Take a spoonful of turkey mixture on clean hands, roll in ball and make small indentation, place 2 cubes of Gouda cheese and shape in ball.
4. Make the balls using all the turkey mixture and cheese cubes, place the balls in refrigerator and chill for about 20 minutes.
5. In a non-stick pan, heat oil on medium heat and fry the meatballs, gently turn the meatballs to brown evenly until the meat is tender.
6. Drain the meatballs on paper towel.
Meatballs are great appetizers for a dinner party. And, when come with a tastefully prepared smoked gouda cheese stuffing, they get an elegant touch! Watch this video and learn how you can make this easy recipe!