Sadly, heart disease is the number 1 cause of death in the US. Eating a heart healthy diet, one that is low in saturated fat and sodium, can greatly improve your risk of heart disease. This doesn't mean you have to sacrifice great taste just to eat healthier-- just adding some nutritious food items to your daily menu can greatly improve your overall heart health. Antioxidant-rich foods that are low in saturated fat and cholesterol are the keys to success of a healthy diet. Dreamfields Pasta is a great addition to a heart healthy eating plan.
Here Chef Jim Coleman makes a delicious and simple smoked salmon pasta salad with a mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and balsamic vinegar dressing. Don't forget the twist of lemon juice and delicious herbs for extra flavor! Watch this video for a list of full ingredients and to see how Chef Coleman prepares this flavorful dish!
2 Cup (32 tbs)
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
Fresh lemon juice
Chopped fresh tarragon/1 tablespoon fresh shaved off dill
Crushed red pepper flakes
1 Medium, finely chopped
1 Pound, ends trimmed, blanched, cut into 1 inch pieces
1⁄2 Pound, cut into 0.50 inch pieces (Cold)
Ground black pepper
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1) Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
2) Rinse with cold water; drain again.
3) Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir together mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, crushed red pepper flakes (if using) and tarragon or dill (I prefer dill - due to the fact of tarragons licorice flavor).
4) Add chopped shallot.
5) In large bowl, toss together asparagus, salmon and pasta.
6) Add dressing; toss gently to coat.
7) Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
8) Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve the dish.
If you are having heart-related problem, this does not mean that you have to restrict certain foods. Dreamfields Pasta is a great alternative to healthy eating. Just watch this recipe and remain healthy forever.