|Pancetta||4 Ounce, chopped|
|Pecorino cheese||2 Ounce, grated (or locatelli, parmesan or combination of both)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and smashed|
|Unsalted butter||2 Ounce|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon, coarsely ground|
1. Place a large saucepan of water on to boil. Add in the spaghetti and cook according to package instruction.
2. Meanwhile in a pan fry the pancetta on low heat until starting to brown.
3. Add in the garlic and cook until the garlic is browned and the pancetta is golden and crisp.
4. In a small bowl add in eggs and 3/4th of pecorino cheese. Mix well with the spoon.
5. Remove the garlic from the pan and add in the butter. When butter gets melt add in the spaghetti with the tongs.
6. Take off the pan from the heat and add in the egg mixture. Stir continuously and place the pan over the heat again.
7. Pour in quarter cup of pasta water to the spaghetti. Incorporate all the ingredients well.
8. Garnish the pasta with remaining cheese and black pepper. Serve hot!
If the dish does get a little dry before serving, splash in some more hot pasta water and the glossy sauciness will be revived.
Calories 565 Calories from Fat 233
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.2%
Saturated Fat 13.5 g67.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 161.2 mg53.7%
Sodium 648.1 mg27%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g21.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.38 g1.5%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 21 g42.5%
Vitamin A 9.6% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 13.6% Iron 21.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet