How to make Italian Style Meatballs. Demonstrated by cooking professional Betty Bannerman Busciglio.
Ground pork meat
2 Clove (10 gm), grated
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), freshly grated
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped
4 , lightly beaten
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. In a large bowl add in all the 3 meats and eggs, mix lightly.
2. Add in remaining ingredients to the mixture except the olive oil. Mix lightly but thoroughly.
3. Form meatballs keeping hands rinsed in cold water. Makes 20 meatballs from the mixture.
4. Heat a large, heavy stockpot pours in olive oil. Let the oil heat and add 6 meatballs to pan. Allow to brown and then turn to brown on all sides.
5. Remove the balls to a clean bowl and continue browning remaining meatballs.
6. Pour your favorite sauce over the Meatballs and serve.
If you thought that meatballs are too boring, take a look at this video recipe of Three Meat Italian Meatballs and think again. This is an age old recipe from a traditional Italian family and it has its own distinct taste and texture. Try it out to see how they really taste. Happy Cooking!