Roasted Bell Pepper Spinach And Pesto Lasagna
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 Medium, diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Pepper red||1 , chopped|
|Baby spinach||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Firmly Packed)|
|Kosher salt/Sea salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Part skim ricotta cheese||15 Ounce|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Marinara sauce||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|No boil lasagna noodles||9|
|For pesto||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Part skim mozzarella cheese||8 Ounce, grated|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick spray
3. In a medium bowl, beat eggs, ricotta cheese and Parmesan cheese together. Set aside.
4. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring.
5. Reduce heat to medium low and allow onions to sweat, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.
6. When onions start to brown, add garlic and red pepper and cook five more minutes. Don’t let onions get too brown. If they start to burn, reduce the heat and add another teaspoon of olive oil.
7. Add the spinach to the skillet and cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Season vegetable mixture with kosher salt and pepper.
8. Place 1/2 cup of the marinara sauce in the bottom of the greased dish. Top with 3 lasagna noodles. Spread half of the ricotta mixture on top of the noodles. Top with half of the spinach-onion mixture. Top with 1 cup of the marinara sauce.
9. Top with 3 more lasagna noodles. Spread the pesto over those noodles. Top with the remaining spinach mixture, then the last three noodles, the remaining ricotta mixture and the rest of the marinara sauce.
10. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly on top.
11. Cover and bake 45 minutes in preheated oven.
12. Remove foil and bake 15 more minutes or until the cheese is browned and the lasagna is bubbly.
13. Cut into portions and serve onto plates.
14. Accompany with a green salad on the side.