|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Pancetta||1⁄4 Pound, dice|
|Ground meat||2 Pound (blend of veal, pork, and beef)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), mince|
|Shallot||2 Medium, dice|
|Onion||1 Large, dice|
|Carrots||2 Large, dice|
|Celery stalks||2 Large, dice|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|San marzano tomatoes||28 Ounce|
|Beef stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
1. Dice the pancetta, shallots, onion, carrots and celery stalks, mince the garlic, set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degree.
3. In a large pot pour olive oil and butter, allow the butter to melt over high heat, add the pancetta and cook until golden brown.
4. Add the ground meat and caramelize the meat into dark brown color, transfer the meat in a bowl once done, set aside.
5. In the same pot over medium heat sauté the shallots, garlic, onion, carrots and celery, sauté for 15 minutes or until soft.
6. Add the ground meat and cook for 4-5 minutes, pour white wine and season with salt and pepper.
7. Once the wine evaporates add milk, san marzano tomatoes and beef stock, stir and mix everything together.
8. Bring the sauce to a boil and once it reaches to a boil cover and place the pot into the preheated oven.
9. Braise the sauce for 2-4 hours or until cooked.
10. Serve the Bolognese sauce along with pasta.
Calories 406 Calories from Fat 206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69 mg23%
Sodium 641 mg26.7%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 29 g58.3%
Vitamin A 79.1% Vitamin C 32.9%
Calcium 14.9% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet