Once a Week Kitchen - How to Make Pizza from Scratch Part 1
|Strong white flour||1 1⁄2 Kilogram|
|Warm water||30 Ounce|
|Dried yeast||1 Ounce|
|Pasta sauce||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Flour||4 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
1. In a large bowl, place flour, add salt and sugar.
2. Mix yeast in a little water, add to the flour, add the remaining water to the flour. Mix well to incorporate all ingredients.
3. Transfer the dough to a floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes, dust with more flour if required. Transfer to the bowl, cover and allow to sit for about 1 hour, dust with more flour if required.
4. Using a hand blender, blend the pasta sauce.
5. Transfer the dough back to a floured surface, knead for few minutes, place it back to the bowl and allow to sit for another 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to desired temperature.
7. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
8. On a dusted surface, cut the dough into six portions. Using your hands, stretch one portion to make an 8 to 10 inch circle.
9. Top with pasta sauce, sprinkle cheese. Place on the prepared baking dish and bake for around 20 minutes.
10. Cut into wedges and serve with your choice of beverage.
The dough can be wrapped and refrigerated for 1 to 2 days.
Calories 1497 Calories from Fat 427
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g74.8%
Saturated Fat 28.6 g143.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 134.7 mg44.9%
Sodium 1744.1 mg72.7%
Total Carbohydrates 208 g69.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.2%
Sugars 10.8 g
Protein 52 g104.9%
Vitamin A 27% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 76.4% Iron 72.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet