1. Cook spaghetti in a gallon (4 liters) of boiling water, seasoned with 2 tablespoons of salt (that's right, 2 tablespoons!) until just tender.
2. Drain but do not rinse the pasta and mix well with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice. Don't worry if the pasta sticks together. The extra virgin olive oil will break it up.
3. Meanwhile, when spaghetti is cooking, preheat the skillet to medium heat and add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and slightly brown constantly mixing bread crumbs, thyme and lemon peels. It will take about 2-3 minutes.
3. Remove the skillet from the heat and add crushed garlic to the hot crumbs.
4. Mix the crumbs with spaghetti and serve with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.