How to Make Panna Cotta- Delicate Panna Cotta with Sesame Seed Brittle
|For the panna cotta|
|Whole milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the brittle:|
|Sugar||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||3 Tablespoon|
1. In a small bowl, soak the unflavored gelatin in 2 tablespoons of milk so it dissolves. Let this sit for 10 minutes.
2. In a pan on medium heat, add the milk, 2 cups of heavy cream and 1/2 cup of sugar. Scrap the vanilla off the bean and add the residue along with the bean as well.
3. Bring to a simmer and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes, then turn off, put the lid on the pan and let it sit.
4. In a bowl, whisk 1/2 cup of cold heavy cream until thick.
5. Bring the cream mix in the pan back to a simmer. When it starts to simmer, add the gelatin mixed with milk into the pan and continue to a simmer until the gelatin is dissolved.
6. Once dissolved, let the mix cool for a little bit. You can strain the mix through a sieve to remove the particles of vanilla bean.
7. Add in the whipped cream and mix together.
8. Ladle the panna cotta into bowls or ramekins and place in the refrigerator to set for at least 6 hours.
9. Toast the sesame seeds on a pan until it gains some color. Be careful because it burns fast.
10. In another pan, add sugar and water and stir until the sugar dissolves. Once it starts to boil, break the sugar crystals formed on the sides of the pan by brushing it with some water.
11. Tilt the pan from time to time to get an even color. Once it browns, add the toasted sesame seeds and stir.
12. Pour the mix onto an aluminium foil that is buttered.
13. Spread the brittle on the foil to a thin layer. Once it cools, it will get hard.
14. Wear gloves and break the brittle into pieces.
15. Garnish the panna cotta with the brittle and serve.
Calories 590 Calories from Fat 535
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g94%
Saturated Fat 35.3 g176.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 205.5 mg68.5%
Sodium 63.1 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 7 g14.4%
Vitamin A 44.1% Vitamin C 1.5%
Calcium 20.9% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet