Polenta Pie With Cheese
|Cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn grits||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Chopped onions||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Carrots||2 Medium, diced|
|Celery stalks||4 , diced|
|Dried basil||3 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated pecorino cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red bell peppers||2 , diced|
|Zucchini||2 Medium, diced|
|Pureed tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melting cheese||12 Ounce, grated to make 2 cups (as per choice, Cheddar, pepper jack, etc.)|
1. In a cooking pot add water and boil.
2. Add corn grits and cornmeal while stirring continuously so that no lumps are formed again.
3. Sdd pepper and olive oil. Simmer for 10 minutes - keep stirring in between so that the ingredients do not stick.
4. Remove from the heat.
5. In a 12x17 baking pan spoon the ingredients slowly.
6. Let the polenta cool while the filling is prepared.
7. In a large skillet add olive oil and warm.
8. Add onions and garlic and saute till it turns tender.
9. Combine celery, spices,herbs and carrots. Simmer for 5 minutes till the carrots are softened.
10. Add zucchini, tomato puree and peppers. Simmer for 5 minutes more.
11. Spoon the vegetables into the polenta slowly.
12. Add grated cheese as topping.
13. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees keeping it uncovered.
14. Rest casserole for 15 minutes.
15. Serve polenta pie at room temperature.