Italian Eggplant with Nuts and Seeds
|Cashew pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sunflower seeds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggplant||1 Medium, cut into 1/2 inch slices|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Celery ribs||2 , diced|
|Green pepper||1 Large, chopped|
|Dried parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. On a cookie sheet roast sunflower seeds and cashews for 10 minues. Once roasted cool.
3. Bake sliced eggplant for 15 minutes, till they are tender,
4. In another skillet add olive oil and warm.
5. Add celery, green pepper, onion, garlic and parsley. Cook for 5 minutes.
6. Mix tomato sauce, vinegar and eggplant. Simmer for 15 minutes keeping it covered.
7. Add pepper.
8. Add the roasted sunflower seeds and toasted cashews.
9. Serve Italian Eggplant With Nuts And Seeds over steamed brown rice.
Calories 477 Calories from Fat 333
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.8%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g26.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 85.4 mg3.6%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.4%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 10 g19.1%
Vitamin A 35% Vitamin C 107.1%
Calcium 22.1% Iron 75.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet