White Bean Minestrone
|Small white beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Chicken stock/Minestrone stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pearl rice/Long grain rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, chopped|
|Carrots||4 , sliced|
|Green beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut into 2 inch pieces|
|Celery stalks||4 , sliced|
|Chopped parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese topping||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Pesto sauce topping||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
1. Take a saucepan and add beans and water into it and boil the mixture. Remove from heat source and keep it aside for about an hour or overnight.
2. Take a large saucepan and boil the stock and stir in beans and its soaking liquid.
3. Cook over low heat by keeping the saucepan covered for about 1 ½ hours until the beans turn soft.
4. Stir in tomatoes, rice and carrots and cook over low heat by covering the saucepan for 10 minutes.
5. Stir in celery, green beans, and parsley and cook over low heat by keeping the saucepan uncovered for additional 5 minutes.
6. Stir in ham.
7. Serve the soup in warmed bowls and top it with a serving of Parmesan cheese and a spoon or tow of Pesto sauce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1824 Calories from Fat 371
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g71.9%
Saturated Fat 7 g34.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.7 mg22.2%
Sodium 2128.4 mg88.7%
Total Carbohydrates 276 g92.1%
Dietary Fiber 55.3 g221.2%
Sugars 35.5 g
Protein 82 g163.1%
Vitamin A 940.9% Vitamin C 176.6%
Calcium 95.5% Iron 159.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet