Cranberry Bean Minestrone
|Cranberry beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minestrone stock||11 Cup (176 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Long grain rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrots||4 , sliced|
|New potatoes||2 Large, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, chopped|
|Cabbage head||1 Small, coarsely shredded|
|Zucchini||4 Medium, cut into 1/2 inch slices|
|Ham||1 Cup (16 tbs), reserved from stock|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Pesto sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
1. Take a bowl and add beans and pour lots of water over it and soak them overnight. Or Quickly soak the beans and drain.
2. Boil the stock, stir in water, beans and cook over low heat for 2 hours or until beans are mashed.
3. Take out 2/3 of beans, and enough cooking water and puree in a blender. Return the mixture to the stock, and boil.
4. Stir in carrots, rice, tomatoes and potatoes.
5. Cover and cook at low heat for 15 minutes.
6. Stir in zucchini and cabbage and cook at low heat for about 5-10 minutes.
7. Stir in ham, and heat it thoroughly.
8. Serve the cranberry bean minestrone soup after topping with pesto sauce and parmesan cheese.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2784 Calories from Fat 492
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g91.7%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g53%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 109.8 mg36.6%
Sodium 4005.4 mg166.9%
Total Carbohydrates 437 g145.6%
Dietary Fiber 112.6 g450.5%
Sugars 76.3 g
Protein 142 g283.7%
Vitamin A 1259.4% Vitamin C 659.3%
Calcium 104.6% Iron 186.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet