Pasta Meatball Minestrone
|Lean ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Sweet italian sausage||1⁄2 Pound|
|Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Italian seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Beef broth/Hot water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Beef flavor instant bouillon||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce, undrained, cut up to make 2 cups|
|Uncooked rotini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Spiral Macaroni)|
|Zucchini||1 Small, sliced|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. In large bowl add ground beef, Italian sausage, bread crumbs, 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and egg. Combine together.
2. Shape into 3/4-inch meatballs.
3. Arrange meatballs in a 3-quart microwave-safe casserole.
4. Add onion and garlic.
5. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 5 to 6 minutes. Turn once in between.
6. Drain out from casserole.
7. Stir in remaining ingredients except zucchini and Parmesan cheese.
8. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes. Stir in between.
9. Add zucchini and microwave on HIGH for 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in between and cook vegetables and pasta until tender.
10. Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Calories 391 Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.2%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112.7 mg37.6%
Sodium 2677.3 mg111.6%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g18.8%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 35 g69.5%
Vitamin A 73.1% Vitamin C 31.7%
Calcium 23.2% Iron 25.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet