Venetian Liver with Vegetables
|Beef liver||1 1⁄2 Pound, sliced 1 inch thick|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|Onions||1 Pound, thinly sliced|
|Dried sage leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice/Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Frozen broccoli spears||20 Ounce (2 Packages, 10 Ounce Each)|
|Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. With paper towels, pat liver dry and cut into strips 1/4 inch wide.
2. On sheet of waxed paper, combine flour, salt and pepper and roll liver in mixture, coating well.
3. In a large skillet, heat butter and 2 tablespoons oil and saute liver strips, turning frequently, until lightly browned on all sides for 5 minutes.
4. Remove and set aside.
5. Add remaining oil to skillet and saute onion slices, stirring frequently, until golden -€” 10 minutes.
6. Add sage and cook, covered, over low heat 5 minutes.
7. In a bowl combine liver with onion, tossing lightly and cook, covered, over low heat 5 minutes.
8. Add white wine and lemon juice and bring to boiling, stirring, until liver and onion are glazed for about 2 minutes.
9. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, garnish with broccoli spears, cooked according to package directions and serve.
Calories 594 Calories from Fat 282
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.1%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.4%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 498 mg166%
Sodium 895.4 mg37.3%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.7%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 40 g80.7%
Vitamin A 595.4% Vitamin C 117.3%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 54%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet