|Flour||8 Ounce (Use 2 Level Teaspoons Of Baking Powder With Plain Flour)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Mix)|
|Dried fruit||6 Ounce|
|Candied lemon peel||2 Ounce|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 to 350 degrees.
2) Grease a 7-inch cake tin and dust it with flour.
3) Cream together the sugar and margarine till the mixture is light and soft.
4) Sieve together the flour and baking powder, if being used.
5) Beat the eggs and then add then to the margarine mixture, alternately with the flour, along with the lemon rind and just enough milk to make a batter of soft consistency.
6) Add the peel and fruit to the batter.
7) Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin and sprinkle some sugar on top. Place the piece of lemon on top.
8) Bake the batter in the center of the preheated oven for about 1 ¼ hours. Lower the heat slightly after 1 hour of baking in order to prevent over-browning.
9) Turn the cake out on to a decorative cake plate and serve warm, at room temperature or chilled. Makes a good and delectable dessert.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3105 Calories from Fat 1142
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 129 g197.9%
Saturated Fat 39.6 g197.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 445.6 mg148.5%
Sodium 427.9 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 446 g148.6%
Dietary Fiber 21.7 g86.7%
Sugars 206.6 g
Protein 49 g97.9%
Vitamin A 96.1% Vitamin C 132.8%
Calcium 61% Iron 71.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet