Sicilian Meatball Soup
|Ground chuck||1 Pound|
|Soft white bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (1 Slice)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated parmesan cheese||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm), crushed|
|Ground pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Condensed beef broth||31 1⁄2 Ounce, undiluted (3 Cans, 10 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Ribbon noodles/Other noodles||8 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As Required, For Garnish)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (As Required, For Garnish)|
1) In a bowl, beat egg slightly with a fork.
2) Put in chuck, crumbs, parsley, cheese, garlic and seasoning, mix until well blended.
3) Shape 1 teaspoon of meat mixture into 36 balls.
4) In a kettle or 6-quart Dutch oven, heat the beef broth plus water to make 9 cups liquid to boil.
5) Put in the meatballs and simmer 5 minutes.
6) With a perforated ladle remove meatballs.
7) Boil the broth and add noodles, cook, uncovered and stirring occasionally with long fork, about 10 minutes.
8) Put back the meatballs to soup and cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until meatballs are heated through and noodles are tender.
9) Spoon the soup into bowls and dredge with Parmesan cheese and bread.